Step-by-step to upgrading your HP Prime ROM
Procedure to update Bootloader and Firmware
- Download any of the following options:
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 11 MB) 2016.08.29
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 11 MB) 2015.06.17
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 12 MB) 2014.12.03
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 18 MB) 2014.03.31 Build 6030
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 18 MB) 2013.11.25 Build 5447
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 18 MB) 2013.08.13 Build 5106
- ⇩ Download from Cached Archive (filesize 18 MB) 2013.08.08 Build 4980
- Reset calculator (with a paper clip through a pin hole button on back) while holding the "Symb" button (will display "recovery mode" screen).
- Connect the HP Prime to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the downloaded zip file and click on the "extract all file" label.
- Browse to the "Firmware" folder.
- Double click usbtool.exe to launch the software wizard.
From version 2014.12.03 onwards, you need to use Prime Connectivity Kit to perform update. Go to Library > Documents > HP Connectivity Kit. Drop the files into the "Firmware" sub-Folder.
- Click on the box to the left of Auto update to check it and then click on the Update button (see the figure below).
- Wait for the update to complete and then reboot the calculator.
- Press the [Help] key and then the "Tree" screen tab. And touch the "About HP Prime" screen option and then the "OK" screen tab. (show see the similar screen below). Hardware Version: A indicates that the HP Prime is NW2800AA. For HP part number G8X92AA unit, it will show as Version: B.
In terms of usage, both NW2800AA and G8X92AA are practically similar. G8X92 gain support for wireless unit-to-unit/unit-to-pc communication with optional HP Prime Wireless Kit and improve data streaming functionality.
Updated On: 16.12.18