HP49G+ Firmware Version: 1.23 - 3.54 Build 0031 - Date: 6 Feb 2004
Firmware: 3.54 Build 0031
ROM Version: 1.23
File Name: hp49g123.bin
Download (File Size: 730 KB)
This package contains a new version of the HP49G+ Rom (1.23).
This new version notably differs from the version 1.22 in:
- Improved Display stability
- User interruptible BEEP function
- Improved functionality: library can be backed up in SD card
- Improved INTVX and other related integration functions
Note: In order to upgrade your calculator, you must have the HP49G+ Connectivity kit and the HP49G+ USB drivers installed on your PC, or a Secure Digital card reader and a secure Digital card formatted using the FAT file system (not FAT32)
Note: Although the ROM update process should not erase any of the user data stored in HOME, IRAM (PORT0), ERAM(PORT1), FLASH(PORT2) and SD(PORT3), performing a backup of your valuable data is recommended.
To do so, if you have a SD card, use the BACKUP command (documented in the manual) to archive the HOME directory (in ALG mode: BACKUP(:3:back) ENTER, or in RPN mode: :3:back BACKUP ENTER). Then, use the filer to copy all data from IRAM, ERAM and FLASH into the SD card.
If you do not have a SD card, use the backup feature of the connectivity kit (in the file menu) to backup the home directory. Then, progressively copy your data from the other memory locations to the home directory and download them with the connectivity kit.
To install the new ROM:
1. Download the package from the Hewlett-Packard web site.
2. Install the package by running the program.
3. Note the directory in which you install the files (the default directory is the same directory than the HP49G+ connectivity kit.)
4. By default, the connectivity kit should be started at the end of the installation process.
5. Ensure that you have good battery in the calculator.
There are 2 solutions to install the ROM:
Using the HP49G+ connectivity kit
Using a Secure digital card
Using the HP49G+ connectivity kit
1. The connectivity kit should have been started at the end of the installation process for the HP49+ Rom Update package. If not, start it. Please note that the connectivity kit and the drivers must have been installed.
2. Select HPx9G+ in the Connect using combo box in the connectivity kit, if this option is not available, turn on your calculator, unplug and replug the USB cable and try to select the HPx9G+ option, if still not available, ensure that all connections are OK and that the drivers are correctly installed.
3. In the ROM menu, select ‘Download Calculator ROM’
4. On the connectivity kit, select the file: hp49g123.bin that should be located in the %programfile%\hewlett-packard\conn4x directory (if not, consult your note from point 3 of the installation process to find the directory).
5. Follow the instruction given by the connectivity kit
6. A download dialog box should appear monitoring the download process. This should take around 1 minute.
7. When the download is finish (the calculator displays: ‘Update Finish, waiting for reset’), press the reset button, your calculator has been upgraded.
Using a SD card
1. Copy the files: hp49g123.bin and update.scp that should be located in the %programfile%\hewlett-packard\conn4x directory (if not, consult your note from point 3 of the installation process to find the directory) on a SD card formatted in using the FAT format (not FAT32).
2. On the calculator, Press and hold the + and - Button and press on the RESET button using a paper clip or other blunt object.
3. Release the RESET button, wait 2 second and release the + and - keys. Your calculator screen should display the update and self test menu.
4. Insert the SD card (upside down) in the calculator.
5. Press on 1 (Update ROM CODE)
6. Press on 2 (Update from SD CARD)
7. The calculator should start updating the ROM (you will see flashing messages telling you about the update process). This should take around 1 minute.
8. When the upgrade is finish (the calculator displays: ‘Update Finish, waiting for reset’), press the reset button, your calculator has been upgraded.