hp 10bII - Resetting
At times, the hp 10 bii calculator may get locked up or not respond correctly. The hp 10bii calculator may require a reset for a variety of reasons. Resetting the calculator will erase the memory and restore the calculator’s defaults. For this reason, it is important that you back up any critical data before resetting.
Resetting the hp 10bII calculator using the keyboard
To completely reset the calculator and erase all user memory, follow the procedure below.
- Press and hold [ON]. Press and hold the first key from the left ([N]) and the first key from the right ([FV]) on the top row.
- Release all three keys at the same time.
- The calculator will go blank, and then display "CORP HP 2000."
- The message will disappear and the calculator will display "ALL CLEAR."
- Press the [ON] key to clear the message.
Resetting the hp 10bII calculator using a paperclip
To halt the calculator and reset the keyboard, follow the procedure below.
- Turn the calculator over and remove the battery door.
- Insert a paperclip into the small round hole located between the batteries. Insert the paperclip as far as it will go.
- Hold for one second then remove the clip.
- Press the [ON] key.
If the calculator is still not responding, try one of the other methods.
Resetting to drain the capacitor. To drain the capacitor on the hp 10bII calculator, follow the procedure below.
- Remove the batteries.
- Place a coin in each battery hole.
- Press the coin down and towards the top of the calculator, and hold for five (5) seconds.
- Remove the coin , and put the batteries back in the calculator. The "ALL CLEAR" message will be displayed. Press the [ON] key to clear the message.
Updated On: 16.12.19